Monday, February 11, 2008

12-year-old ANF Girls


Dear Bloggy,
So I am in ANF today with my trust side-kick shopper Kev, and while he spent his time checking out ridiculously over-priced jeans with holes, I couldn't help but to walk around admiring something I MIGHT have had. And what do I see, a group of girls from ages 10-12 the most, carrying their designer LV and Coach bags (they were real I can tell), holding starbucks in another with Uggs on, and of course swinging one of their 14 shirts they bought. It's not the fact that they are buying clothes from the store, I won’t hate it; it looks good at times. Yet one of the girls 12 the most was wearing mini shorts with a low cut tank-top showing her "cleavage" while her friends talked about how sexy and hot her she looked. I don't know if I can relate to this, or even comment on it, (remind you that I was not looking in a perv way thank you) but I find it so odd when these little girls walk, talk and dress like they are 10 years older. Look at these influences out there, no wonder girls this age want to look the "best" with the "best" clothes around. So then after Kev makes me wait in line for 15 mins, we head to Hollister. (This is after he makes me look like an idiot in front of the change-room guy). What do I see there; yes more 10, 11 and 12 year olds but now I see 2 girls and a father. So the father is just standing there, white, looks rich, no wonder he brings his kids there, so yeah they are just staring down the bathing suits. They are bikini's (I am here thinking okay I see no boobs) and a two piece. So while the two sisters, (looks like it) try to wrestle out which colour looks better and crap the dad is just standing their encouraging their daughters to buy it saying "Oh that looks cute." WTF. maybe because I am Indian and my parents are strict as hell, but I don’t remember the last time a father telling his 10 year old daughter she would look cute in a two piece. And knowing his schedule, he was probably just baby-sitting and spoiling his children, probably on his lunch break.

Alright that's all for now, you think I would've shut up by now?
Arti

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good shut down on these girls, rich families making us feel bad in the mall with their like hundreds of dollar clothing and people like us walking in there with like nothing comparable with them. Making us feel jealous!!

Arti Patel said...

OMG u have nice clothes !

Unknown said...

uhm no! WTF YOU TALKING ABOUT, all i got is that brown bear hoody!

Arti Patel said...

shut up justin

Anonymous said...

GOSH Arti Pastel, are you sure that those girls you saw weren't Anika, Natasha and I, mistaking us for 12 year olds...it's not our fault we're short and skinny...you're a jerk Arti I hate you.


LoooL jkz jkz. I really like this blog, because every time Abercrombie is mentioned there's controversy. Have you seen their catalogs?